Yes, I'll admit it, I'm rather stuck in a rut, as of late. I'm "researching" like mad in order to make my current WIP, 27 Stages, as authentic as possible. This means I'm spending loads of time reading, watching and generally obsessing over cycling. My favorite sport. So it's no stretch to concede I'm having a lot of fun.
Something else which makes this fun is the fact that there are so many cyclists who are pleasing to the eye. Regardless of what you think of them as individuals, there are some lovely specimens out there. Some are cute. Some are HAWT. Some are just beyond words.
In that spirit, I offer this week's Thursday Thirteen topic, in no particular order, with their names, home country and current team:
Thirteen Cycling Cuties!
1) Lance Armstrong, USA,
I'm legally obligated as a citizen of the US to include Lance.
Not that I mind, exactly. I mean, there are things LA and I disagree on, but at least he keeps good company, right?
Oh, right. This is a post about cyclists. I should post Lance on a bike. But it's surprisingly difficult to find a decent pic of Lance on a bike! But I persevered, as you know I would...
Okay, let's continue...
2) Thor Hushovd, Norway, Cervelo TestTeam
3) David Zabriskie, USA, Garmin-Transitions
4) Mark Cavendish, Great Britain, HTC-Columbia
5) George Hincapie,
6) Christian Vande Velde, USA, Garmin-Transitions
7) Edvald Boasson Hagen, Norway, Team Sky
8) Jimmy Engoulvent, France, Saur-Sojasun
9) Oscar Pereiro, Spain, Astana
10) Andy Schleck, Luxembourg, Saxo Bank
This is Andy and his brother, Frank. They're kind of a package deal. Bless them. :)
11) Alberto Contador, Spain, Astana
12) Daniele Bennati, Italy, Liquigas
I personally much preferred when Daniele rode with Lampre. The colors were more suited to him, I think. (Now that's shallow, am I right???)
13) Fabian Cancellara, Switzerland, Saxo Bank
I'm working hard to restrain myself, here, as I could happily post pictures of Fabian all day long. I wuv him.
I wuv him.
On the bike?
Off the bike?
In a suit?
Without a suit?
Ciao for now! :)