Whew! I'm busy-busy-busy this week! Still, there's been a little time to sit and reflect, and so I've had a chance to ponder this week's Thursday Thirteen topic.
So, please allow me to present:
Thirteen Things Which Have Made Me Happy!
That's me! All the way in the back of the pic! LOL!
1) I did my first ever public reading from my novel, Ask Me if I'm Happy
. One of my bosses at the language school where I work asked if I would like to do a reading at the End-of-Year party this year, and since I was still here in Reggio (for once - I usually leave at the start of June), I agreed. It all went quite well, and I'm pleased to hear from my coworkers and several students that the selection I read did, indeed, stir their interest in buying the novel. Fingers crossed they'll remember in Autumn! LOL!
What a smile!
2) Seeing my hubby enjoy himself so much at various events this week made me very happy. We had the England/USA World Cup game, a trip to Fontanellato, Italy (not far from home) for a musical event, my reading last night - so many things which he's enjoyed, and so I've enjoyed them that much more!
Fabian when he was in the lead...
3) Watching the Tour de Suisse. My boy is currently in second place, one second behind the leader. This makes me happy, especially because my boy won last year, and because by most accounts, the part of the race which should be hardest for him is already over. Got my fingers crossed (again)!
Mia with Zio Alle!
4) My niece, Mia, told me I was beautiful. I reckon she's an expert on the subject, so I'm sooo pleased to hear it from her. :)
5) I got quite a few edits done - the MS is shaping up nicely and I have high hopes for completing and fleshing out a few key scenes while I'm in the US.
Heinrich Haussler, post-crash.
6) I developed new ideas for my WIP - watching the Tour de Suisse, complete with huge crashes, riding in the rain, and all the cycling drama on display has fueled my brain to get more done on 27 Stages
when I have the opportunity. Not that there was a problem, I just can't work on two manuscripts at once...
No! Doodle! That is the *opposite* of help!
7) I've almost finished packing already! Considering that I'm leaving tomorrow morning, this is quite impressive! LOL!
8) Thanks to the party last night, I added to my collection of miniature Swiss flags! LOL! I know, it's weird. A running joke that's got a little out of control, but they make me smile. :)
9) The weather has been unseasonably cool this week. That makes me happy - everything I had to do has been easier to get done, thanks to the cooler air. Right now, it's raining buckets. The Italians are grumbling, but I can't help being happy.
10) Also thanks to the weather, I've slept really well this week. That's not normal for me, in June.
11) My flight leaves in the late part of the morning from Milan. So, I don't have a super-duper extra-early wake-up time, tomorrow. It should be daylight when we start our two-hour drive, which is great!
12) I have only one connection on my flight home. Atlanta. While that's not ideal, at least I have a good idea of what to expect. That helps. And then there's the fact I have a few hours there - so, no rush to get through Immigration or Customs. In as much as a 20-some-odd travel day can be reduced-stress, this one hopefully will be. (Touch wood!)
Me and Samuele - at last!
13) Finally, the thing which had me smiling all the way home from Fontanellato on Sunday night: I got to get a picture with that feller I've mentioned a few thousand times since I started blogging, the one whose music inspired so much of Ask Me if I'm Happy, and who I've adored since 2003, the first time I heard him sing - Samuele Bersani.
Which is to say:
SAMUELE BERSANI!!!!! OMG!!!!
Yeah, if I squee any louder, only dogs will hear me. LOL!
Oh, never fear, y'all. I know.
I wouldn't forget.
Even with all the wonderful happy things which have happened for me this week.
So, here ya go:
Yoann Gourcuff - French footballer
Ciao for now! :)