Wow. What a morning! I got up earlier than usual in order to watch the UCI Men's Elite Time Trial competition live from Geelong, Australia.
Oh, it was sooooo worth it.
My feller - and current Muse - Fabian Cancellara put a total of one minute, two seconds between himself and his nearest competitor, thus winning his fourth gold medal in the Time Trial discipline. He covered 45.8 kilometers in just 58 minutes and nine seconds.
I couldn't be happier, or be thinking less clearly, as a result.
So this week, I'll have to present to you:
13 Random Thoughts
From This Morning
1) I can't believe the cat let me sleep this late. (3:00 a.m.)
2) I can't believe the cat won't let me sleep, now. (3:45 a.m.)
3) I have the best hubby in the world. (He got out of bed - even though he's sick - to quiet the cat at 4:00 a.m.)
4) OH, CRAP!!! WHAT TIME IS IT???
(5:00 a.m. - The time the internet broadcasts of the race were supposed to start.)
5) Whew! Nothing's on yet. I should check the start times, though, to be sure when to tune in. (5:01 a.m.)
6) Ah, Fabian's not going to ride until 8:18 this morning. I can get some more sleep in a bit. (5:03 a.m.)
7) Dang, he's purty. (5:04 a.m.)
8) Oh, heck. I'll go check Twitter and see if anyone's saying anything about the warm-ups, etc. (5:05 a.m.)
9) WHAAAAA??? Alberto Contador tested positive for Clenbuterol??? No way!
10) I'm going back to bed. I don't wanna think about this right now. (5:10 a.m.)
11) Crud. Now I can't sleep. Plot-bunny-plot-bunny-plot-bunny... (5:30 a.m.)
Photo from UCI Worlds Time Trial Competition in 2009.
12) Woot! It's time! I wish Alle could stay home and watch this with me. Oh well... GO, SPARTACUS!!!!
13) THAT'S RIGHT, BABY!!! WOO-HOOOOOO!!! NUMBER FOUR!!! COUNT 'EM, Y'ALL!!! HEEEEEHEEEEEE!!!! (9:16 a.m.)
And now I gotta calm down.
Gotta knuckle down and get to writing.
Gotta quit writing "gotta".
And, of course...
I gotta make with the eye candy.
one for y'all...
and one for me (Fabian, post Paris-Roubaix, earlier this year).
Ciao for now! :)