Wow! Another week gone, another Thursday Thirteen post I have to throw together because - again - I've been swamped, this time with preparations for my summer trip to the US.
One day I'll learn and get this done well in advance when I have time. Until then, allow me to present to you
13 Things Which Kept
Me Busy This Week!
Sophie helping me *unpack* two years ago. ...sigh...
1) The biggie - Packing! It takes me forever to pack what I want/need to take with me to the US each summer, in part because I make a list and then proceed to, basically, ignore it. Ugh.
2) I had to finish my lessons at the school this week, too. That took time, especially since one student had to reschedule her final lesson at the last minute.
3) I actually managed to get in that bike ride I wanted to do on Friday. However, I didn't ride the planned distance of 6.5 miles. They've extended the path I rode on and so I wound up doing a round trip of 8 miles instead. Go, me! I just hope to get back in the swing shortly after I get back to Italy.
4) I had to do more laundry, of course. That took time. Not a lot, but still...
I'm biased, yes. But I think it's purrrty!
5) I had to put the finishing touches on the cover art for the new paperback of Ask Me if I'm Happy (coming soon - I hope).
6) It sounds crazy, I know, but... I had to try to rest, too. With the warmer weather, I get tired more easily, and I sometimes conk out unexpectedly. Best to avoid that if possible, right?
How sweet is this??? Squee!
7) Thanks to pics like this one, courtesy of cyclist Ken Sommer, I found myself inspired enough to put down some new words on 27 Stages - at last!!!
8) I tried to clean my desk. BWHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!
Alle and his father, Paolo at lunch in Carpineti.
9) We went for a visit with Alle's relatives in Carpineti. It's always a pleasure to spend time with them.
10) I tried to get my Tumblr blog queue updated so I won't have to worry about it for a couple of weeks. I won't say which one it is, though. (It's a secret!)
He looks so pensive here, doesn't he?
11) I started preparing some of my Giro pics for the possibility of printing them in the US. I might even offer a few of the best shots for sale on eBay while I'm there.
12) I'm still watching the Giro on the computer or on TV - almost every day. Why almost, you ask? Well, the pre-travel preparations have kept me pretty tied up, to be honest.
Me and Mom, Lago Maggiore, September 2006.
13) The final thing keeping me busy? I call my mom nearly every day. So, that's a regular part of my schedule. Heh.
Yeah, I've been pretty busy.
And my vacation looks like it'll be pretty busy, too...
what with visiting relatives, writing, watching the Tour de France...
And hitting the beach... Ciao for now!