Ciao a tutti! Hi, everybody! After an extended absence - I'm back posting a Thursday Thirteen! Aren't you just thrilled? No?
Anyway, I thought I might as well dip my toe in the pool again by letting you know what I've been up to over the last few months. Narrowing that list down to thirteen things is pretty tough, but that's what the meme is all about, eh?
So, here we go, with
Thirteen Things I've Done This Summer!
1) In late April/early May, I was pleased to finally see the release of 27 Stages
in both ebook and paperback. After working on this novel over the course of the last four years, it was a truly satisfying achievement, made even better by finding the book included on the cycling-centric website Podium Cafe
's list of 101 on Tour 100 Books
(listed in honor of the centenary edition of the Tour de France)!
2) For the first time in a long, long time, I decompressed. This summer was spent doing many things, but travel was more limited than we (that is, my mother and I) expected it to be. As a result, I was able to actually relax for the first time in a long while.
Turns out I really needed that. Who knew?
3) My previous meetings with Yahtzee (pictured on the right, here) happened when he lived with my aunt in Florida. He was grumpy, growly, and generally demanding and unpleasant. My mother adopted him (long story) and brought him to Tennessee last spring. He and I got to know each other better this summer. Once he got over his grumpiness, I found myself frequently being followed by this moody little cloud of fluff. He grew rather fond of me, it seems, and I grew rather fond of him, too.
4) An online friend asked me to have a look at an English translation of a short piece originally written in Italian, and make corrections/suggestions as needed. It was hard work, but fun, and perhaps will lead to more of the same, one day. Who knows?
5) I worked (a little) on my own projects, and fleshed out the bones of a few new projects too. We'll see which ones take flight.
7) I watched an entire Firefly marathon.
'Twas time well spent, dammit.
As was the time I spent watching Doctor Who repeats.
8) I lost ten pounds.
9) I took self-portraits.
10) I bought books. (Nothing new there, right?)
11) I grabbed this picture when I saw it on sale at Ross Dress for Less, because DC3/C47s make me happy. I don't know why that is. Maybe because they're AMAZING???
12) At bargain prices, I also indulged my growing addiction to Converse All-Star sneakers.
13) Most recently, I rushed out with the hubby on September 10th to get Samuele Bersani's latest album, Nuvola Numero Nove. I've been listening to it several times a day ever since.
And there you have them - Thirteen Things I've Done This Summer. What have you done to keep busy over the last few months? Let's catch up!
And I'm sure you've missed a certain other something from these posts, too.
So I won't keep you in any further suspense, eh?
My jetlag is still making me sleepier than normal. Aren't you?
Ciao for now!