So I'll have to do a "promotional" Thirteen today.
With your kind indulgence, I present:
13 Reasons to Buy
Ask Me if I'm Happy
2) Because you are in the mood for a love story.
Now's your chance!
5) Because you want to read a new author! I'm new! I'm an author! It's PERFECT!
6) Because books are always great gifts! At least, they're great gifts for book lovers.
Fifteen minutes later, that man was smiling at her again. His eyes tickled at her periphery like so many nimble fingers until she allowed herself to sneak a few peeks at him on the sly, using the reflection in the window. In only a few minutes, she noted he was Jacopo’s exact opposite in many ways.
He’s the other side of the same coin, though, I’ll bet.
Still, he was easy on the eyes, with a strong jaw, dark eyes and dark, boyish curls which fell along his brow. His clothes weren’t fancy, but simple in design. A pale blue chambrayshirt peeked out from beneath his red scarf.There were no fancy designer labels, no ostentatious, trendy affectations on view.
She liked that.
When he crossed his legs, she risked a direct look at him and smiled in spite of herself. His shoes were black running shoes, rather scuffed up at that. She knew too well the premium Italians placed on footwear; it was nice to see someone who wasn’t completely fussy about his appearance for a change.
When he drew out an eyeglass case from the inside pocket of his coat, she turned to the reflection in the window once more. He perused a copy of La Repubblica—not Libero, not La Padania—so she was reasonably sure he wasn’t from Veneto. Despite her fugue, this thought made her smile again. A glimpse of his dark eyes straying in her direction, followed by his own secretive smile, sent a pleasant shimmy down her spine.
9) Because the cover intrigues you. Does it not?
10) Because you recognize the statue on the cover.
Or because you don't.
11) Because it's available in paperback, as well as e-book!
12) Because you're looking for an emotionally satisfying read; one which has made several men tear up, and several women fall in love with the male lead.
And with that, I guess there's not much more I can add, is there?
I mean, I've done my best to convince you. The rest is in your hands from here on out.
But for the ladies in the readership, I have just one more thing to add.
Because I found inspiration in so many places.